If you’re looking for inspiration for your own labor, or you want to pray for a loved one, here are a few of my favorite posts on prayer for birth:
- Prayers for childbirth: God as midwife
- Prayers for childbirth: Christ as companion
- Prayers for childbirth: Spirit as intercessor
- What God the Creator teaches us about birth
- Labor’s hard & holy work we do behind closed doors
- Beyond “Oh God, This Hurts!”: A Spirituality of Birth
Yet it was you who took me from the womb; you kept me safe on my mother’s breast.
On you I was cast from my birth, and since my mother bore me you have been my God.
Psalm 22: 9-10